Tuesday 6 July 2010

GRAEME'S BLOG DAY MINUS TWO

I am going to write a personal blog at least every day from now on. These are my personal thoughts on a trip which Pam and I have been looking forward to for about three years, since the long term tour plan for the age group was first sketched out. I plan to get half-time and full-time scores up for all our matches and to publish full match reports within 24 hours, but it is not just a rugby tour, is it? Hopefully we will also be able to get on- and off-field stuff from other authors up, including photos and text from Dennis Orchard as official photographer (Dennis, I now have Photoshop Elements, as you suggested), and material from players, staff and supporters. Email me or call me to discuss. As for my own content, I am going to be honest and straightforward and express my opinions. I hope I do not offend anyone but, if I do, I invite you to add comments or, if the offence is egregious, email me and I will publish unedited any rebuttal you wish.

We should all be very grateful to the organising committee and the other individuals who have made this possible. You all know who you are and I want to say to you now that anything I write here which seems to be a criticism of you or what you have achieved is not intended as such. Don't take it personally, don't doubt for a moment that your efforts have been appreciated, and don't let the odd moan about frayed T Shirt hems spoil your day.

So, here we go. Tried to get Billet Gifts yesterday only to find Maidenhead Heritage Centre closed on Mondays. Should have done it last week. Received Argentina SIM cards at second time of asking. Pleased with the tour polo shirts – South American Blue perfect for supporting Los Teros in Uruguay, apart from anything else. Not so pleased with the player's violet T Shirt – hem has come unstitched before it has even been worn. Hope it is an exception and not the rule. The Gulliver's Travel bags are great and so are the wheelie bags. The Piranha training (spectating in my case) jackets feel warm and well made. Can't wait for tonight to see the tour match shirts!

I trust all the boys are preparing conscientiously in the same way Leo is – playing Xbox until 4am?

I would like to put up a Tour Sponsor's section in the blog header. Can I get logos and website links for Tokyo Marine and Inchcape Shipping? And for any other sponsor? Email to grmsmth6@gmail.com, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment