Friday 23 July 2010

GRAEME’S BLOG ROUNDUP

73 posts on this blog, plus a few fiddles around with the Itinerary and links and stuff. That’s enough and this is the last post. I had a lot of fun doing it, and I know many people enjoyed it. It took a lot of time, more than I thought, but it was worth it.

When I was young, my parents had a boat on the Thames, a 4 berth cabin cruiser. Two, actually, one a half-share in a 23ft Freeman called SAREB, then all of a 26ft one called SHUMWARI. We used to spend weekends, weeks, and the occasional fortnight tootling up and down between Marlow and Lechlade. Mummy and Daddy even took SHUMWARI down to London and moored her by Putney Bridge when my Daddy had to cancel a holiday and work. I took some mates out as well, when I was older, and some girlfriends. My Daddy kept a log, a ship’s log, for all these trips, and so did I. This much petrol bought there, water refilled here, lunch at this pub, dinner and darts at that one, baby coots here, barbecues there. Always the locks passed through, moorings made and left. Random trivial notes that bring back those times to me whenever I read them.

I still have those logs. This is another one.

2 comments:

  1. Surely not the end! We all love the blog - now the tour is finished just tell us about anything you like.Bound to be at least as popular as the Huffington Post and much more amusing.Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Of course have never looked at Huffington Post but all know what I say is true.

    ReplyDelete